Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
This classic combination takes on a new form in these Peanut Butter & Strawberry Jam Blondies, complete with mesmerizing jam swirls and crunchy peanut butter topping. Ditch the sandwich and take these along on your next summer picnic!
This recipe is adapted from The Cafe Sucre Farine's Peanut Butter and Jelly Blondies recipe and Bake from Scratch's PB&J Blondies.
- ½ cup butter
- ¼ cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1 cup yellow sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup Summerland Sweets Strawberry jam
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Farenheit. Line an 8 x 8-inch pan with foil so the ends of the foil extend over two edges (this will make it easier to remove the blondies after baking!) Grease foil.
- Combine the butter and peanut butter. Heat on low until the butter is just melted. Mix and cool.
- Add brown sugar, egg, vanilla, baking powder and salt. Stir well to combine.
- Sprinkle flour over the top and stir just until flour is combined (don't over-mix). Transfer the mixture to the pan. The batter should be quite thick.
- Microwave peanut butter and jam for the topping in separate bowls for 15 seconds and no more - just to warm slightly. You don't want them to become completely liquid.
- Spoon the peanut butter and jam across the top of the blondie batter. Don't cover entirely. With the tip of a small knife, swirl the peanut butter and jam together. Try not to swirl the topping into the batter, or swirl too much (or you'll lose the beautiful designs that come out on top!)
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes or until the blondies have set. Allow to cool completely before removing from pan. Enjoy!