Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
These Cranberry Crumble Bars are easy to make, lovely to look at, and bursting with jammy goodness. Make them ahead of time to enjoy with your breakfast, or serve after dinner for a delicious dessert.
This recipe is adapted from The Beach House Kitchen's Strawberry Jam Crumb Cookies.
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup oatmeal
- ¾ cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 cup cranberry jam
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Farenheit. Line an 8-inch pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, oatmeal, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt. With a fork, stir in the butter until the mixture is crumbly.
- Add half of the mixture to the prepared pan. Place small dollops of cranberry jam along the surface, using half the jam.
- Add a second layer of crumb mixture and jam dollops in the same way, using up the remainder of each.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until jam bubbles slightly and the crumb begins to brown. Remove from oven.
- Cool for 15 minutes then cut the cookies into wedges before they harden. Keep in pan until they are completely cooled. Enjoy!